Hugh "H.D." Hunter is an educator, author and activist. Born and raised in Atlanta, he completed his undergraduate studies with a Bachelor of Arts in English, concentrated on African Diaspora literature... keep reading
Darcy Bakkegard is an English teacher and professional development coach at The Educator's Lab and co-author of The Startup Teacher Playbook. After 10 years of teaching, she's taught every type of learner... keep reading
The North Dakota Council of Teachers of English shall be a professional organization for individuals who are genuinely concerned with the development of the English language. The group shall strive to support the state standards and benchmarks and improve the quality of English instruction at all levels.
1. To stimulate the growth and development of English teachers through membership in NDCTE.
2. To facilitate dialogue among English educators across the state.
3. To serve as a resource to individual teachers or groups of teachers.
4. To stimulate and promote research.
5. To monitor and improve English/Language Arts instruction.
6. To foster involvement in legislation about reading, writing, and other language arts instruction.
7. To sponsor conferences and meetings that highlight best practices.
8. To emphasize the contributions of individual teachers.